Tilosin AVZ solution for oral use
- Active against most of gram-positive and several gram-negative bacteria, as well as against mycoplasma and chlamydias.
- Uncommon tylosin tartrate resistance in microorganisms.
- High bioavailability.
- Fast effect - therapeutic concentration is obtained even in 1-3 hours after administration.
- Long-term effect (up to 18 hours).
- Convenient oral administration with drinking water.
Chemical composition and pharmacological propertiesThe drug contains tylosin tartrate - 200 mg/ml (as an active ingredient) and lactulose (as prebiotic).
Tylosin tartrate (a macrolide antibiotic) is active against most of microorganisms including Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Clostridium spp., Corynebacterium spp., Pasteurella spp., Brachyspira hyodysenteriae, Chlamydia spp., Spirocheta spp. and Mycoplasma spp. The prebiotic selectively promotes growth and development of protective (beneficial) intestinal microflora: bifidobacteria (B.bifidum, B.longum, B.adolescentis, B.breve, B.infantis, B.pseudolongum, B.thermophilum, B.suis, B.asteroids, B.coryneform and others) and lactobacteria (L.acidophilus, L.casei, L.plantarum etc.).
Due to prebiotic component, Tilosin AVZ provides strong antibacterial effect, promotes digestive improvement, fast recovery of intestinal epithelial cells and increase in bifidobacteria and lactic-acid-producing bacteria. Prevents disbacteriotic diarrhea.
IndicationsUse in pigs with dysentery, bacterial gastroenterocolitis and enzootic pneumonia; in poultry (broiler chickens, replacements, breeding poultry, turkeys) with respiratory mycoplasmosis, infectious sinusitis, aerosacculitis, colibacillosis, pasteurellosis, combined infections, secondary bacterial ones associated with viral diseases and others, agents of which are susceptible to tilosin.
ContraindicationsIt is not allowed to use in combination with other antimicrobial preparations. Do not use in laying hens.
AdministrationAdministration with drinking water. Doses are listed below:
• poultry - 2-3 ml per 1 l of water (400-600 mg of active ingredient per 1 l of water) within 3-5 days;
• pigs - 1.15 ml per 1 l of drinking water (25 mg of active ingredient per 1 kg of body weight) within 3-7 days.
Only water with the drug is allowed to be consumed during treatment. Prepare medical solution every day in volume aimed at daily consumption.