Antibak 100 powder
- Treats and prevents main fish bacterial infections.
- Nonredundant product for adjunctive therapy of non-infectious, viral, fungal and invasion fish diseases complicated by bacterial infections.
- Non water-soluble and administered with feed.
Chemical composition and pharmacological propertiesAntibacterial drug for fish of all types and ages containing non water-soluble ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (0.1 g per 1 g of powder) and excipients.
Ciprofloxacin has harmful effect on all bacteria causing fish diseases. Excipients increase ciprofloxacin bioavailability and steadily bind the drug with granulated feed enhancing granule water resistance.
IndicationsTreatment and prevention of bacterial infections caused by microorganisms susceptible to ciprofloxacin (including agents of aeromonosis, pseudomonosis, mixobacteriosis, furunculosis, enterobacteriosis, bacterial haemorrhagic septicemia, mycobacteriosis and streptococcosis). Also it is used as a part of adjunctive therapy of non-infectious, viral, fungal and invasion fish diseases complicated by bacterial infections.
Dosage and administrationUse at water temperature ≥12°C within 5-10 days (treatment) or 3 days (treatment and prevention). Daily doses per 1 kg of live weight are listed below:
• aeromonosis - 0.1 g;
• furunculosis, vibriosis, streptococcosis, bacterial necrosis of branchiae and fins - 0.5 g;
• pseudomonosis and mixobacteriosis - 1 g.
Mixture of feed stuff and Antibak 100 is prepared in feed stuff factory (using any modes of granulation or extrusion) or in farm (mixture of feed mass and aqueous drug suspension); water resistance of food bolus must be ≥30 minutes.