Febtal tablets for cats and dogs
Broad-spectrum antihelmintic drug for dogs and cats.
Plain tablets with a scoreline on one side and logo (a cross in the center of shield) on another. 6 tablets in blister pack. Outer package - carton.
- High efficiency.
- One active ingredient provides broad-spectrum antihelmintic action.
- Ultimate safe administration.
- Acceptable for pregnant and lactating females.
Chemical composition and pharmacological properties1 tablet contains fenbendazole - 0.15 g (as an active ingredient), as well as excipients.
Fenbendazole action (a component of the drug) has broad-spectrum nematodocidic and cestodocidic effect on adult stages, larvas and eggs of roundworms in gastrointestinal tract and lungs, as well as on cestodes parasitizing animals.
The mechanism of fenbendazole action involves destruction of microtubules in worm intestinal cells and disorder of energy processes causing death of parasites.
IndicationsUse Febtal for treatment and prevention of various nematodoses and cestodiases in dogs and cats (including toxocarosis, toxascaridosis, ankylostomosis, uncinariosis, dipylidiasis, taeniidosis).
ContraindicationsDo not use in debilitated and contagious animals, as well as in puppies and kittens under 3 weeks old.
Dosage and administrationAdminister Febtal in a single dose by forced administration on the base of tongue as following:
• Adult dogs and cats - 1 tablet per 1.5 kg of body weight.
• Puppies and kittens (above 3 weeks old) - once a day in a single dose (1 tablet per 3 kg of body weight) for three days in succession.
Previous starvation diet and cathartics administration are not necessary before animal deworming.