Ketoquin 10% solution for injections
Drug to treat inflammatory diseases of locomotor apparatus. Anesthetic and antipyretic product.
The drug is dispensed in 10, 20, 50, 100 and 250 ml amber glass bottles of appropriate volume packed in cartons piece by piece.
- Convenient dosage form - solution for injections.
- Rapidly absorbs from injection site obtaining peak plasma concentration in 30-40 minutes.
- The drug has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect.
- No age and specific contraindications for use.
- Single injection arrests horse torminas.
Chemical composition and pharmacological properties1 ml of Ketoquin 10% contains ketoprofen - 100 mg, (as an active ingredient), and excipients.
Ketoquin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Ketoprofen (propionic acid based compound) provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect and inhibits thrombocytic aggregation. Mechanism of ketoprofen action is based on prostaglandin synthesis inhibition due to effect on cyclooxygenase and lypooxygenase components of arachidonic acid metabolism. It also stabilizes lysosomal membranes. It causes neutrophil activity inhibition in animals with arthritis. Ketoprofen resists endotoxine effect and prevents intestinal spasm in horses.
It rapidly absorbs in injection site with further penetration in blood and most of organs and tissues obtaining peak plasma concentration in 30-40 minutes. Ketoprofen is metabolized in liver and, mainly, is excreted by kidneys within 12 hours.
IndicationsUse Ketoquin 10% (cattle, pigs and sport horses) as anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic drug against acute and chronic diseases of locomotor apparatus (arthrosis, arthritis, dislocations, tendovaginitis, traumas), pain syndrome (traumatical and postsurgical pain, torminas) and various hyperthermias.
ContraindicationsIndividual increased sensitivity to the drug components, peptic ulcer, hemorrhagic syndrome, frank renal and hepatic impairments. Do not use in combination with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, glucocorticoids, anticoagulants, diuretics and mix with other drugs in the same syringe.
AdministrationKetoquin 10% - parenteral administration once a day. Doses are listed below:
• cattle - intravenous or intramuscular administration. 3 ml per 100 kg of body weight within 1-3 days;
• sport horses - intravenous administration. 1 ml per 45 kg of body weight within 3-5 days (locomotor apparatus treatment) or 1 ml per 45 kg of body weight in a single dose (symptomatic treatment of torminas);
• pigs - intramuscular administration. 3 ml per 100 kg of body weight within 1-3 days.
Duration of treatment course depends on animal status and is defined by an attending veterinarian.
In case of missing of one or several drug doses, proceed course of use according to required dosage and administration schedule.